Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Maple Grove Elementary

Yesterday, I visited Maple Grove Elementary. The room was full of girls (and some boys) and their parents anxious to meet "the princess". The librarian had chosen three books for me to read. After reading the stories, there was a question and answer session in which the children could ask me questions. I was asked anything from what my favorite color was to if I was given a carriage for my own personal transportation. Perhaps my favorite question was "Do you have a Prince Charming?" Well...I do. He just doesn't know it yet:) I love being around kids! They are the best!

The woman who, through the PTA, arranged this appearance later mentioned to me that never had they had a larger turnout for a PTA sponsored event. It is events like that that help me to further realize how fabulous of an opportunity being Miss Idaho's Outstanding Teen 2009 is. Because of this position, the avenues for making a difference are expanded in ways that could not have been otherwise. Thank you Maple Grove PTA and the Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen Organization!!

No comments:

Post a Comment