Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Off to the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Pageant!!

It's here!! This summer has passed by so quickly! I have been preparing and working for this moment and now it is here! I am so excited and have full confidence in my ability to do my best and represent Idaho to the highest degree. I am leaving for Orlando, Florida on Thursday, August 6, 2009. My mother is coming with me. This will be our second flight. We actually went to Orlando on our first flight. I have this white monstrosity of a dress that takes up a suitcase of it's own, so we get to carry it on the plane instead. (Hopefully the person sitting next to us won't mind!)
On August 7, 2009, I check in, attend orientation, and get to do a photo shoot with TONY BOWLS! (Yay!!) On Saturday, all of the contestants will get to be a part of the Medieval Times dinner show. Medieval Times is this incredible restaurant in Florida that has a jousting show, sword fights, and a love story. I also get to eat with my hands. Yes folks, no utensils here! The next day, Savvy Magazine is sponsoring a red carpet event at Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. I am wearing a pair of skinny jeans and some fabulous shoes. These shoes are about four inches high and are rhinestoned up the heel. Yes, they are awesome. On Monday, the contestants and I get to watch the Teen Choice Awards. Each of the contestants got to ask their favorite nominee a question. I simply adore Amy Adams so I asked her. My question is "When are you the happiest?" These are only some of the really fun things I get to do. I am going to have the time of my life. It's going to be a blast!!

P.S. Something really cool happened two days ago. I was asked to become a member of the state of Idaho's PTA (Parent Teacher Association). This would mean that I would literally (no pun intended) be able to promote my "Read With Me" program everywhere in the state of Idaho. I would be able to speak at the State PTA Convention and be able to get in schools all over the state of Idaho. I may even get to be a "Mystery Reader" at various schools during their reading weeks. So, now, not only is Idaho promoting my platform among government officials and school superintendents, but the PTA will be promoting it among parents, teachers, and most importantly, students. In my vast amount of appearances that I will have, I will not only be able to promote my platform, but the extraordinary Miss America's Outstanding Teen Program. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment