Monday, July 27, 2009

Tom Luna

Superintendent Tom Luna and me



On July 15, 2009, I had the wonderful oppotunity to meet with the Superintendent of Education in Idaho, Tom Luna. I was able to introduce and speak about my program "Read With Me" with him. "Read With Me" is a program that I created last year. In it, high school students go to a nearby elementary school and read with the students. Superintendent Luna loved the program, calling it a "natural fit". He was very intrigued and impressed with "Read With Me". As a result of this interview, I recieved his wholehearted endorsement of my "Read With Me" program. He also stated that after I get back from the Miss America's Outstanding Teen pageant, I needed to meet with his reading assistant. She would help me draft it so it could be presented to government officials, school superintendents, and other influential people in Idaho. In addition, my "Read With Me" program gets to be in an education newsletter that is distributed everywhere in Idaho. My program is officially endorsed by the state of Idaho. So, in essence, not only will I be promoting my program, but the state of Idaho will be promoting my program. YES!! With these new and incredible developments, I am so excited to see where this program goes!

P.S. When you are visiting a government offical, they do their homework. Mr. Luna knew everything about me before I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment