Saturday, July 11, 2009

Meridian Dairy Days Parade

Miss Idaho Kara Jackson and me at the Dairy Days Parade
In my hometown of Meridian, Idaho, there is an annual celebration called the Dairy Days. It is a way to celebrate Meridian's dairy origins. A lot of people attend the festivities, especially the parade. The Dairy Days Parade was Kara and my's first appearance as the newly crowned Miss Idaho and Miss Idaho's Outstanding Teen. We were part of the Starmedia Promotions "float". We were on top of a silver Corvette with red leather interior! It was so cool!!

Our sweet ride!

That day, it was rather nippy and rainy. In fact, it did rain. Luckily, Kara brought this gigantic pink and white striped golf umbrella. Our driver had brought a black one and a blanket for Kara and I. We were so thankful for that!

I had never been in a parade before this one, so I was really excited. It was so much fun to go through the streets of Meridian and wave to people. The little girls were darling! I could hear them shout out to Kara and I, "Look, it's a princess!!" If my foot could have popped, it would have. Kara and I would talk to everybody watching the parade. We would ask them how their day was going, if they were having fun, if they were too wet or cold, and other questions similar to that. Some people would tease us and do the "beauty queen/princess wave". It made me chuckle. I could not believe how many people were there! It was such an enjoyable experience. Thank you City of Meridian and Starmedia Promotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment